Heather Acres is located 5 minutes from Fort Drum, near Watertown NY, and is teaming with outdoor/community activities and tranquil surroundings for all ages.
Amenities and Points of Interest
- Adirondack Trail – best trails for camping, fishing, hiking, biking, and adventure sports
- Boldt Castle – dating back to 1900 major landmark and tourist attraction
- Clayton Opera House – providing education and enjoyment in the performing arts
- DryHill Resort – tubing, skiing, ski lessons, ski shop, and fireside lodge
- Jefferson County Fair – biggest and longest running fair rides-games-food-fun
- Jefferson County Historical Society – housed in the Paddock mansion
- Millionaire’s Row – boat tour of the 1000 islands and mansions
- Sackets Harbor Battlefield Alliance – war of 1812 site tours
- Salmon Run Mall – shopping, dining and entertainment
- Thompson Park Zoo – golf course, public pool, playground
- Thousand 1000 Islands – a beautiful secret and getaway
- Watertown International Airport – serving the 1000 Islands and Fort Drum
- Waterworks Park – ATVing, kayaking, biking, picnic areas, fishing, swimming, bird watching and walking paths
Skiing, Snowmobiling, & Snowshoeing
Winter brings “lake effect” snow for thrilling downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, skating and snowshoeing, specifically on the Tug Hill Plateau. In addition, there are many other winter outdoor recreational activities like snow tubing, ice fishing, hunting, and ice skating.
Kayaking, Boating, Sailing, or Canoeing
Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, the Black River, and the Indian Lakes Region provide one of the best boating, sailing, canoeing, and kayaking experience in the world. In addition, there are many other summer outdoor recreational activities like fishing, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, bird watching, and an abundance of walking-hiking and biking trails.